RecyclingPlease have your recycling roll cart & bins curbside by 6 am on your service day.
Recycling is collected every other week in urban and rural county.
Mixed Recycling Cart / Bins
Place the following items together in your mixed recycling container. All materials must fall freely from the recycling container when tipped.
Clean paper and cardboard, including
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Paper egg cartons
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
- Cardboard (flatten large boxes, cut into sections less than 3ft x 3ft)
Clean drink cartons
- Milk and juice cartons
- Soup and broth cartons
Clean Plastic Bottles and Tubs
- Yogurt-type containers (6 oz. or larger)
- Rigid plant pots (4 in. or larger)
- Buckets (5 gal. or smaller)
- Plastic bottles (6oz. or larger)
- Plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
- Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
Recycling on the side
Bottles & jars only, empty & dry
Do not include light bulbs, window glass, vases or drinking glasses.
AAA to D size alkaline and heavy duty
6-volt and 9-volt lantern type
Battery packs (NiCad, NiMh and Lithium Ion)
Batteries should be placed in a quart-sized zip sealed bag and placed in your glass bin. If your bin is full of glass, please place the bag of batteries on top.
Put your used motor oil in a one-gallon or smaller plastic see-through container with a screw cap lid. Empty milk jugs make good oil containers.
Recycle+ is now available for an additional charge to residents residing in urban unincorporated Washington County! See rates for costs of service pick-up, which materials are collected, and directions for how to participate below.
In addition to current curbside recycling, you may now participate in Recycle+ to recycle a range of materials and products:
1. Plastic film/bags
2. Clear plastic #1 clamshell containers
How to participate
and a pick-up charge every time it is emptied.
|Beyond Curbside Recycling|
For recycling options for materials not collected curbside, visit www.oregonmetro.gov/findarecycler or call 503-234-3000 to find a recycler near you.
Recycle at home
How to recycle glass at home
How to recycle metal at home
Plastic bags don't go
in your recycling
Recicular en casa
Stop unwanted mail
If you have any questions, please contact WM Customer Service at 800-808-5901 or e-mail us at WM Customer Service