Vernonia Transfer Station701 California Ave
Vernonia, OR 97064
The Vernonia Transfer Station is only open to the public twice per month on designated Saturdays
from 8 am to 2 pm.
From January through October the transfer station will be open to the public on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. From November through December the transfer station will be open to the public on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
Summary - Open to the public 8 am - 2 pm
January - October: 2nd & 4th Saturday
November - December: 1st & 3rd Saturday
Some materials are accepted for free at this facility; other materials are accepted for a fee.
All loads must be secured and tarped to prevent accidental litter and highway hazards.
- Use a tarp that will completely cover your trailer or truck bed. At least four inches should overlap the sides.
- Tightly secure the tarp with ropes, bungee cords, netting or straps.
- Put lighter items at the bottom of load.
- When transporting large items, make sure they are tied down and secured to the truck or trailer so they don't move.
- Don't overload, keep material level with the truck bed or trailer.
- Before leaving the transfer station, remove any loose material that may remain in the trailer or truck bed.
All transactions are cash or local check only. Check are only accepted with picture ID
|Passenger Vehicle Tires|
|Semi-Truck or Oversized Tires|
Effective July 1, 2017
A cubic yard is calculated by measuring the load in feet and multiplying the length X width X height
then dividing by 27 (cubic feet in a cubic yard)
|Minimum Charge (1st CY)|
|2 cubic yards|
|3 cubic yards|
|4 cubic yards|
|5 cubic yards|
|6 cubic yards|
|7 cubic yards|
|8 cubic yards|
|9 cubic yards|
|10 cubic yards|
All recycling is accepted at no charge
Glass Bottles Only (No dishes or window glass)|
Motor Oil (limited to 5 gallons per person; in 1 gallon containers with screw top)
Plastic containers (screw top only)
Aluminum and Tin cans
Paint is not accepted at the Vernonia Transfer Station. For recycling locations and additional information, visit www.paintcare.org
For recycling options for materials not accepted at the transfer station, visit www.oregonmetro.gov/findarecycler.
Columbia County Solid Waste sponsors Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events each year.
For more information on household hazardous waste and these events, please visit the Columbia County Solid Waste and Recycling webpage at www.co.columbia.or.us. Click the link for Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events.