Newberg, OR 97132
Regular Hours Open to the public Monday - Saturday 8 am - 5 pm
Summer Hours Open to the public Monday - Saturday 7 am - 5 pm. Schedule from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend (May 27, 2023 - September 2, 2023).
** Please be in line to dump by 4:45 pm. The transfer station has a hard close at 5 pm and will not accept customers that are not already in line on WM property from 5 pm on.
Some materials are accepted for free at this facility; other materials are accepted for a fee.
All un-tarped loads will be assessed a $25 Fee
- Use a tarp that will completely cover your trailer or truck bed. At least four inches should overlap the sides.
- Tightly secure the tarp with ropes, bungee cords, netting or straps.
- Put lighter items at the bottom of the load.
- When transporting large items, make sure they are tied down and secured to the truck or trailer so they don't move.
- Don't overload - keep material level with the truck bed or trailer.
- Before leaving the transfer station, remove any loose material that may remain in the trailer or truck bed.
NOTICE - All demolition debris loads must comply with DEQ asbestos rules and regulations.|
The Oregon DEQ now requires an owner or operator to have an accredited inspector perform an asbestos survey before demolishing a residential building built prior to January 1, 2004. More information is available on the DEQ website.
*Non-putrescible (C&D) waste is subject to screening by an attendant for asbestos containing material (ACM). An ACM survey is required of the customer to ensure suspect materials does not contain asbestos.
|MATERIALS AND FEES - Effective July 1, 2023|
Light, Loose items
Medium weight debris
Sod, Roofing, Rock, Asphalt
Heavy Equipment / Tractor
May be more based on size.
Appliances with Freon/Coolent:
Freezer, Refrigerator, Wine Cooler, Water Cooler, Dehumidifier, any cooling system
Appliances with Motor:
Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Dryer (with Motor)
Appliance without Motor:
Microwave, Stove, Water Heater, Dryer (no Motor)
Fluorescent Light Tubes
|Glass Bottles and Jars|
Limit of 7 gallons
|Clean Mixed Recyclables|
All of these materials can be mixed and recycled together at no charge.
Clean paper and cardboard (Clean and Dry)
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Cardboard boxes
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
- All plastic bottles and plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
- Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
- Mix all colors. Labels OK.
- Do not include light bulbs, window glass, vases or drinking glasses
Household alkaline and nickel (AA, AAA, C, D, etc.) batteries accepted for recycling, free of charge. All batteries MUST have their contacts taped to ensure they don't short circuit.
Lithium batteries not accepted.
The Following Materials Are Not Accepted
- Hazardous waste
- Sewage or Sludge
- Liquid / Paint
- Dead animals
- Layered / Built Up Roofing
- Explosives / Ammo
- Anything Labeled Danger, Hazardous, Harmful, etc.
All computers, TVs, laptops and monitors are banned from disposal as garbage in Oregon.
Bring working or non-working laptops, computers, computer monitors and peripherals (keyboards, mice, printers etc.) for free recycling.
Sharps containers are available for purchase at the scale house at the Newberg Transfer Station.
Two sizes are available:
- 1 gallon - $17.00
- 2 gallon - $33.40
Paper shredding services are available at the Newberg Transfer Station for $8.91 per brown paper grocery bag.
Paint is not accepted at the Newberg Transfer Station. For recycling locations and additional information, visit www.paintcare.org
For recycling options for materials not accepted at the transfer station, visit www.oregonmetro.gov/findarecycler.
Yamhill County Solid Waste sponsors two FREE Hazardous Household Waste (HHW) Collection Events each year to residents of Yamhill County. They are held in Newberg in the spring and McMinnville in the fall. Pre-registration is required for all events.
For more information on household hazardous waste and these events, please visit the Yamhill County Solid Waste website. www.co.yamhill.or.us/YCSW
For information on disposing of Commercial Hazardous Waste, please call Yamhill County Solid Waste at 503-434-7516.