Oregon Service Alerts
Waste Management is committed to providing reliable collection service. We are also committed to the safety of our drivers and customers.
Weather conditions may delay collection times. Please leave containers out until 5:00 PM.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we manage weather-related challenges.
This page contains the most updated information available and is updated throughout the day as conditions change.
If your city is not listed, services are not currently impacted by weather conditions.
Update for Wednesday, Jan. 18, 11:09 am:
Portland, Gresham, Wood Village, Troutdale, Milwaukie, Clackamas County, Multnomah County and surrounding areas
- We are attempting to collect in areas regularly scheduled for service today, Wednesday, Jan. 18: Troutdale, Gresham, Oak Grove and Portland-West Hills. Collection today is for garbage only in these areas.
- Customers who did not receive service last Wednesday, Jan. 11, may set out up to double the amount of garbage today, Wednesday, Jan. 18.
- Service times may be later or earlier than usual, please keep your containers out in anticipation of delayed service.
- Recycling collection will resume as resources are available.
- Food/yard waste collection is suspeneded until further notice.
Beaverton, Gaston, Forest Grove, Tigard, Washington County and surrounding areas
- Residential customers who did not receive garbage service on Monday, Jan. 16, may place out up to double the amount of garbage on Monday, Jan. 23.
- Residential customers who regularily receive recycling and yard waste service every week: If you did not receive service on Monday, Jan. 16, you may set out up to double the recycling and yard debris on Monday, Jan. 23.
- Residential customers who regularily receive recycling and yard waste service every other week: If you did not receive service on Monday, Jan. 16, you may set out up to double the recycling and yard debris on Monday, Jan. 30.
- Residential customers scheduled for service Tuesday, Jan. 17-Friday, Jan. 20: Service will be one day later than normal. Wednesday customers will receive service on Thursday. Thursday customers will receive service on Friday. Friday customers will receive service on Saturday.
- If we were unable to provide service due to inclement weather last week, Jan. 9-13, we will accept up to double the amount of material on your next schedule service day at no charge. Collection for specific materials will happen as usual. Example: If your collection next week is for garbage, recycling and yardwaste, and we were unable to collect recently due to the weather, you may place up to double your normal amount at the curb, as necessary.
- Collection for commercial and roll-off customers has resumed and we are making every effort to access containers. Please check to ensure that your containers are accessible to allow for service.
Scappoose, Vernonia, Columbia County and surrounding areas
Customers who did not receive service the week of Jan. 9-13, may place out up to double on their next service day.
To keep containers accessible, please remove snow and extra material from around or on top of them. If your street is snowy or icy, please move your container to a more accessible location to avoid postponed collection.
Clear Storm Drains
to Prevent Street Flooding:
As snow melts, water run-off can result in flooding, which further impedes collection. Please clear storm drains of snow and debris to prevent flooding.
Specific Inclement Weather Collection Policies:
Tips for Setting out Extra Materials After a Weather Delay
Place next to garbage container in securely tied plastic bags labeled “Garbage” or 32-gallon lidded can labeled “Garbage”
Place next to the recycling cart in any of the following:
Extra yard debris (No food scraps or plastic)
- Plastic recycling bins
- Cardboard boxes (2’x2’x2’ limit) labeled “Recycling”
Please, no recycling in plastic bags
Place next to yard debris cart in any of the following:
- Heavy brown paper yard bags (available at hardware stores)
- 32-gallon cans with handles & lids labeled “Yard Waste”
- Bundles tied with natural twine (4’x2’ limit)
Commercial and Multi-family Weather-Delayed Collection:
Waste Management will provide service as soon as conditions allow. Priority service to locations such as hospitals and restaurants, where public health is a high priority.
Para información en Español
For Information Call: 1 (800) 808-5901 (M-F 7 AM - 5 PM, SAT 9 AM - 1 PM)