Composting your yard and food waste helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve soil quality, reduce the need for chemicals and fertilizers and save water.
Food Scraps and Yard Debris
Customers subscribing to yard / food waste receive collection weekly year round. Food scraps and food-soiled paper go only in the Food/Yard cart provided by Waste Management. Food scraps are not accepted in any other containers.
Food Scraps Accepted in Yard Carts:
Collect kitchen food scraps in containers such as:
- Paper bags
- Approved compostable bags -
- A reusable container lined with used paper towels. Empty into Food / Yard cart and reuse.
- Other Kitchen Compost Container Options
- Do not put plastic in your cart.
- Order a free kitchen compost container at 1-800-592-9995
There is a charge for additional units of yard trimmings (no food scraps) beyond the basic service.
For yard trimmings that don't fit in your yard cart you may use:
* Yard trimmings are not accepted in plastic bags.
Plastic bags are not compostable and cause processing and odor problems at the composting facility.