Scrap Metal and Small Appliances
Scrap metal pieces and small metal applicances are accepted in mixed recycling containers with these safety limitations:
First, Reuse! - If the item works, sell or donate it. Reusing an item saves 20 times more energy than recycling it!
- No greasy or sharp metal (to protect collectors and sorters from injury)
- Limit 35 lbs, 2x2x2 ft.
Non-working items accepted for recycling include:
- Engine parts, tire rims, bike parts
- Household metal hardware like hinges, door locks, short pieces of metal pipe
- Worn-out pots and pans; BBQs
- Non-working small primarily metal appliances, including:
Newer microwaves with flat “touch control” surfaces
Blenders (bottom part only)
Metal coffee pots
Print This Page | Close Window