Food and Yard Debris CollectionFood Scraps
Residents in the City of Beaverton with yard debris collection service can now add food scraps to their existing yard debris cart. We will pick up the combined food and yard debris each week and transport it to a local compost facility where it will be processed into an organic fertilizer for yards and gardens.
All food scraps, including meat, dairy, bones, vegetables and grains can be included with the yard debris.
Compostable or biodegradeable takeout containers, paper cups, plates or cartons are not allowed in the food and yard debris carts. On food and yard debris day, you can set out one 60-gallon Waste Management provided roll cart (no plastic bags, please) for no extra charge. Any additional 32-gallon can, paper Kraft bag or bundles (Prunings are limited to 4" in diameter and 36" in length) will be subject to an extra charge.
For the safety of our drivers, please have all limbs cut or trimmed so that they do not stick out above the rim of the container.
|Yard Waste Bag||Weight Limit 40 lbs.|
|32 Gallon Can||Weight Limit 60 lbs.|
|65 Gallon Roll Cart||Weight Limit 100 lbs.|
On Pickup Day
- Place materials at the curb by 6:00 AM on your pickup day.
- Do not use plastic bags, recycling carts or bins or plastic liners for yard waste.
- Place your yard waste loosely in the cart so that it falls freely when emptied.
- When using Kraft paper yard waste bags for extra yard debris, try to avoid putting wet debris at the bottom of bag. Keep bags in dry location until pickup day to prevent bottom from falling out.
- Visit Metro's website for information on backyard composting.
- Tie bundles with string or twine. Bundles must be less than 40 pounds.
|Curbside food and yard debris includes:|
* No greater than 4" in diameter and 36" long
Curbside food and yard debris does not include:
For more information on curbside yard debris collection, please visit the City of Beaverton website.
You may also contact Waste Management Customer Service at Waste Management Customer Service or 1-800-808-5901 with questions regarding this service.