Auburn Multifamily Garbage CollectionAdditional garbage service details provided by the City of Auburn
|Apartment and Condominium Garbage Service|
- Recycling collection is included in garbage fees.
- Successful recycling reduces garbage! You may be able to lower garbage costs by ordering less garbage service.
- Please bag all garbage. Double bag animal waste, foam packing materials, cool ashes, sawdust.
- Extra Garbage - Garbage collected in excess of your current monthly service level as listed on your account will incur extra garbage charges unit (lid must be closed on container):
$11.22 per container/box or bag (up to 32-gallons by volume) per pick up.
$32.84 per front-load dumpster or roll-off box (up to 1 cubic yard) per pickup.
Put extra garbage in securely tied plastic bags or 32-gallon can w/lid and handles, (65 lb. limit) or box (2' x 3' x 2' limit) and place next to garbage cart. Extra garbage must be labeled "Garbage".
- Load Containers Safely.
Collection area: To ensure the safety of all, please maintain clear and safe access to containers. Place containers in an open or well-lit area and ensure that the overhead clearance is a minimum of 14 feet in height.
- Keep containers accessible: To prevent delays in your collection service, please ensure vehicles are not parked in front or on the side of your containers. In addition, make sure gates or access to your containers are unlocked for service and keep containers clear of snow and ice.
- Collection frequency. If your trash volume increases, you can change your collection frequency or container size. A service adjustment will allow you to keep up with your need for more garbage capacity, avoid litter, and help avoid additional fees caused by container overflow or spilled trash.
- Set-up Service information- call the City of Auburn 253-931-3038
Collection times may vary as routing schedules change, and so it is very important to have all containers at the street and/or dumpsters available by 7:00 AM. We appreciate your cooperation.
Place 2 feet apart from other containers and 5 feet from any structure with lid facing street.
Place containers out in such a way that does not restrict the reasonable and safe use of the street, sidewalk, or bicycle lanes by pedestrians, bicyclists, and automobiles.
Remove containers from public property no later than 24 hours after your collection day.
Yard trimmings are not allowed in garbage or recycling containers. To sign up for yard waste service call the City of Auburn at 253-931-3038.
- Can: 10 gallon
- Carts: 20, 35, 64 and 96 gallon
- Front Load Containers: 1 yard to 8 yard with wheels and metal or plastic lids.
- Roll-off Drop Boxes: 10 yard to 50 yard containers. 100-yard chassis/trailers for large jobs.
Large containers are available for temporary projects such as remodeling and construction. Contact the City of Auburn Utility Customer Service for Temporary Garbage at 253-931-3038 (M-F) 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
Contact Waste Management at 1-800-592-9995 for other temporary containers (recycling, compostables, CDL).
Computers and TVs
Fluorescent Bulbs and Tubes
Needles or syringes
Concrete, rocks, or dirt
Cooking Oil (Add animal litter to solidify)
Loose or hot ashes (Double bag)
Loose cat litter or animal waste (Double bag)
Loose packing pellets or sawdust (Double bag)
For further details and information:
Contact the City of Auburn at 253-931-3038 or Utilities@auburnwa.gov